Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Danger Never Sleeps

On the morning of Saturday June 6th I woke to foreign tongue and a soar back. I was at Thom and Colin's house laying on an itchy couch. An hour later I rose to my feet and B-lined for the kitchen. Coffee. Unfamiliar with the house utensils, I filled the nearest pot with water, set it on an element and cranked that shit to high*. I paced. I drew a picture at the kitchen table. Afterwords, I proceeded out of the room and picked up a book entitled, Hangover Cures. As I flipped through the pages my attention soon rolled over to the World War 2 explosion that went off in the kitchen.
"Whoa dude, what the fuck was that?" Thom yelled from behind his bedroom door**.
To both of our surprise, the pot, which was actually some kind of camouflaged thermos, blew up the oven and the entire kitchen for that matter. We're talking glass and metal shards laced into the ceiling and walls - a real shrapnel bomb. I am pleased to announce that I wasn't watching the bubbles rise like I normally do that particular morning.


*Take note that the pot was metal and sitting on the stove. I presumed the "pot" had previously been used to boil water.

**Thom later explained that with the explosion being so loud, he thought a radiator that rest on the roof fell through the ceiling.

1 comment: