Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day 4 to Calgary




Negligent to what time zone I was in, I woke early on day four.
(Don't believe the maps, Moose Jaw is in fact Mountain time.)
Theoretically, if we kept west at a fast enough pace, we could stay young forever, right?
Like going back in time? I talked to some truckers about this and weather in the lobby.

We finished off Saskatchewan and half of Alberta to Calgary. Hooked up with Basia in the PM, aka Barbara (for you Etobicoke people) and settled into her cozy apartment. More friendly faces made appearances: Mr. Steve Puiia and telecommunications with Lyn Kenney.

It's a big relief getting off the road and settling for some time. After four days of tight spaces I was forgetting my identity. But I'm back now. And human. And have a grocery store within walking distance.

We will spend another night in Calgary, and from there, enter the gates of the greatest place on earth: The Canadian Mother Fuckin' Rockies. yeeaow!

*That home-made-pizza-box-map has been a crucial element to our trip and navigation.*

2 comments: