Friday, March 27, 2009

Really? Right Now?

(Completely unrelated to my departure)..
I received a most unexpected telephone call yesturday.
It was the Canadian National Railway asking me if I wanted my job back.
I thought that bridge was burned a long time ago, but apparently it wasn't.

Now, I have an important decision to make and what's more, is that this phone call is fucking with my fantasies. In two weeks time, I imagined myself climbing snow-capped mountains with Sherpas. Head of empty space, goose-down North Face gear, ski poles, metallic water bottles, carabiners jingling all over and tearing caribou meat off the bone. This is what life was suppose to be like for me. But now, instead of contemplating what size pack i should bring, I'm aspiring to cash in fat cheques.

-------------------------------------------

Here's probably the only real existing photo evidence of me on the job.
If you look really close you can see my Treasure Island book and possibly my reflection.

That bottom one's a coal factory up in the mountains, miles away from anything. I was stuck up there for about 8 hours while the factory loaded the cars. The temperature at the time was around -40°C.















2 comments: